Indisputable Advantages of Outsourcing Your Digital Marketing
Scaling a business is hard. It takes relentless focus, industry expertise, and a high aptitude for marketing. While many entrepreneurs and business owners dominate the first two factors, the third facet is much more difficult to attain. A good idea that isn’t properly shared is the quickest way to kill an entrepreneur’s spirit. Time and time again, the ball is dropped when it comes to proper marketing.
Lackluster marketing efforts are the cornerstone of a surprising number of companies. Falsely viewed as a “bonus” if budget permits, neglecting to market a company leaves it dependent on returning customers and luck. Leaning on marketing, however, positions a company to keep old customers, attract new ones, and strategically plan for the future.
The value of marketing has become less disputed over the years and now the manner in which to conduct it has taken the spotlight. Does your company need a full-time digital marketing manager? Can your sales team handle marketing too? Or maybe it would be enough for your youngest employee to post on social media a few times a month?
These questions receive a wide range of answers, but it is all too common that an organization’s attempt to execute marketing initiatives internally collapses.
Outsourcing Digital Marketing Leads to Successful Campaigns
The decision to outsource digital marketing is not an easy one. First and foremost, marketing is all about showcasing why your company is great and handing over the reins to another company to do this is difficult for many business owners. What’s more difficult, however, is maintaining a finger on the pulse of the current marketing strategy.
Technology’s role in digital marketing means that it is constantly changing and evolving. Experts in the field are tasked with consistently pushing the limits, staying on the curve of change, and predicting where the trends will go next. With this in mind, it makes sense that outsourcing these tasks is a profitable decision for most.
The following are some of the most notable advantages to outsourcing your digital marketing needs:
- Cost-effective: the average salary for a digital marketer ranges from $65,000-$100,000, in addition to the costs of employee benefits, days off, and paying for advertising space and materials. As such, it typically makes way more financial sense to hire an agency to do these tasks for you.
- Expertise: in-house marketing jobs typically attract more entry-level talent. Agencies, on the other hand, typically employ high-level talent with much more experience and expertise. Plus, the agencies are equipped to stay current on trends that your company will certainly benefit from.
- Perspective: an outside agency will bring an entirely new perspective on how you should be marketing your company. This perspective is not only fresh but brings with it creativity likely lacking within your organization.
- Management: staying on top of the daily tasks involved in marketing is a job itself. Relying on monthly reports and meetings from an outside agency is a much better use of time.
- Technology: Is your company prepared to pay for the newest marketing technologies? Outsourcing allows for your company to take advantage of tools and techniques that you would otherwise miss out on.
From content writing to website building, from designing to email marketing, and from search engine optimization to social media, digital marketing requires a wide range of proficiency. Outsourcing these tasks means not only benefitting from this expertise but also strategically using your internal resources appropriately. When it comes to wanting a successful digital marketing strategy, looking outside of your organization is a no brainer.
Is your company ready to take on new business and outshine its competitors? Big Customer Network is ready to help! Contact our digital marketing experts today to learn more.