The year, and the decade, is quickly coming to an end. For some entrepreneurs, 2020 is already looking bright. Digital marketing opportunities Digital marketing opportunities are abundant and prime for the taking. So, the most optimistic business owners are those who are channeling their focus on what is to come this year and onward. What marketing innovations will the new decade bring? Where are the most forward-thinking brands investing their ad dollars? Who will fare the best from the inevitable changes in digital marketing strategy trends?
The rapid pace of marketing today makes it tough to predict the future. As platforms and tools advance, marketing efforts must do their best to not only keep up, but to stay at the forefront of these progressions. From voice and visual search to AI and machine learning, savvy digital marketers are gearing up for 2020 in a big way.
Thinking through marketing initiatives for 2020 and beyond can seem daunting. With so many options at our fingertips, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and unengaged. While different tactics make sense for different organizations, there are some overarching trends that we anticipate will shape digital marketing in the year and years to come.
Digital Marketing Success in 2020
First and foremost, it is important to recognize that any successful digital marketing strategy in 2020 and onward must be adaptable. This means creating a plan that is dynamic – a living, breathing blueprint that freely welcomes changes and innovations.
Next, it is absolutely critical to invest substantially in digital marketing efforts. The reality is that your competition is putting their money there and will continue to do so. This year, those who neglect to earmark their dollars for this purpose will be left to watch from the sidelines as new business opportunities go elsewhere.
With that said, the possibilities for digital marketing success in 2020 are endless. Before sitting down to craft your own, think about incorporating the following digital marketing strategy tactics:
- Search: voice search has become more and more important over the last several years. While this is certainly something that you must still optimize for, visual search is quickly emerging as a new frontrunner. Make sure that your site is optimized for cameras and images to take a stronghold in search behavior.
- Machine Learning: AI is here to stay. Those companies who use it to their advantage will see their sales numbers increase dramatically. As of now, machine learning is most often applied to ad targeting based on user behavior like buyer preference and demographics.
- Personalization: customers will continue to have higher and higher expectations for the ads that they are shown. This means crafting marketing materials that speak directly to their wants and needs, all while leaning on technology to do the heavy lifting.
- Community: savvy brands have been and will continue efforts to build a brand community. This means activity in things like online forums, on social media groups, and in answering questions. In doing so, brands are transformed into relatable entities that people can form relationships with and like-minded people are united in their shared affinity for that brand.
- ADA Compliance: the Americans With Disabilities Association (ADA) has set standards that websites must take note of and follow. Ensuring that your site is accessible for all persons is imperative to not only offer an exceptional user experience, but also to avoid potential lawsuits and fines.
These five digital marketing strategies only scratch the surface of what should be done in 2020 and onward. Generally speaking, companies must focus their digital efforts on creating killer content and sharing strategically on social media. The combination of these two tactics will serve to promote your brand, build your community, and facilitate new business.
At Big Customer Network, we know digital marketing strategy. We live it, we breathe it, and we spend our days perfecting it. In 2020, those who invest in digital marketing will find themselves leading their industry, outperforming their competition, and growing their profits.
Are you interested in a digital marketing strategy specifically geared towards your company goals? Contact our digital marketing team today to learn more!